Saturday, May 17, 2008

My First 10K

Today I fulfilled one of my New Year's Resolutions by running my first 10K (that's 6.2 miles for those of us who never mastered the metric system!). Since it was my first, I didn't really know what goal to set for myself, but I decided to shoot for completing the course in under 52:00. It was a beautiful day for racing and I felt great for about 4.5 miles or so. The end was tough, but I finished in 51:40. I won my age group and was the second place overall female. After the race, I heard many of the runners saying that the course was too long. Many of them had GPS watches that measured 6.6-6.7 miles. When I go home, I plotted the course online and it measured 6.7 miles like they said. I also drove it later and go the same thing. So it seems safe to say that it was at least 6.6 miles long. If that's true then my real finish time estimate, assuming an accurate course length, would have been 48:34!





1 comment:

PapaWes said...

You are one awesome momma Ash!
Keep up the good work.