Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gifts Of Hope 10K

I suffered through a tough 10k today. It was hotter and more humid than it's been at my previous races, and that took a toll on me. I ran my first mile way too fast, then crashed. I knew I was in trouble after the 2nd mile. By the 4th mile I think I was praying out loud, by the 5th I was seriously considering a good cry, and by the 6th mile I don't know what was going on but I was starting to get chills (that might be a bad sign). I finished in 49:20, about a minute slower than my goal...However, my arch-nemesis Yomi (the UTPB cross-country runner who usually beats me) didn't show today, so I won 1st place overall (female). I received a Jason's Deli gift card, and best of all, a certificate for an hour massage. So it was worth it.

Here I am feeling great during my first mile...

...and crawling towards the finish line.

No comments: