Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Ran from the Cops!

Today I ran my 3rd race, the "Run from the Cops" 5K benefiting the Midland Police Department. It was quite a bit warmer today than it was at my last race, so I was a little concerned about that at first. My goal was to take 15 seconds off my 23 :16 PR from last time. But I ended up finishing in 22:31 - 45 seconds faster than before! The crowd today was a little bigger and more competitive, so although I won my age division, I finished 3rd place overall (female). I'm very happy with my time however; it seems my extra training is paying off.
We forgot the real camera so we had to settle for the cell phone. It messed up while Matt was trying to get me crossing the finish line. But he did get a lovely shot of me looking all trashed about 10 seconds afterwards. Enjoy!


1 comment:

PapaWes said...

May we all look as good as you do when you're 'trashed'!
Way to go, we're so proud of your accomplishment.