Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break Part 5: Texas Wildflowers

For the final post of our spring break series, I have to share our wildflower pictures. The hill country area is spectacular right now. I think it is more beautiful and lush than I have ever seen. It may be that I've just lived in the desert for too long...Anyway, as I was driving from Abilene to Liberty Hill on Wednesday, I was overwhelmed by the flowers. I made Matt promise to stop on the way home. And we did...twice. The kids were enthralled. As I was praising the beauty of our state's flowers, Emma exclaimed, "Thank you, God, for Texas!" That pretty much sums it up.

The kids love to pick flowers, especially Emma. She never misses a chance.




Daddy was here too!
Just LOOK at this! Every field we passed was more magnificent than the last.

Here they are again, gathering as fast as they can.

1 comment:

PapaWes said...

Great pix! Memories for a lifetime.